Applications to our 2016 summer internship program are now being accepted. For those who have already applied, note that individual company submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis until the needs of our participating companies are met. This means that unless a company specifies a deadline for submission, you have flexibility as to when to apply. However, we recommend sending in your resumes as early as possible, as internships are more likely already to be filled the later you submit. Our deadline for accepting applications is Jan. 21, 2016.
Note: One way to learn more about the kind of internship that might interest you is to take part in Cornell's Extern Program. This program, which takes place over the Christmas break, allows you to shadow someone for a day. It's a way to test out a job to see whether or not you might like it. The program offers great exposure without the commitment, plus you get amazing interview prep. They really make you prepared by making you take a few tests (and you can actually fail) of what to do and not do. For more information, click here: http://www.career.cornell.edu/students/options/extern/
Follow the directions carefully. HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply for membership as a CiH Intern with the CCLA web site (use your Cornell email address), and pay the $20 registration fee so that you can access the list of potential internships. Click to Register
- Our list of 2016 summer internships is now posted,and more internships will be added as we confirm them. Only applicants who have paid their $20 application fee can view and apply for these internships. Note that each company will have its own specific instructions for how to apply. Please read these carefully as you select your target internships. For companies that would like you to submit materials through Cornell in Hollywood, please include the 2016 Information Sheet with EACH INDIVIDUAL company submission. If a company lists an email address to which to send application materials, please note in the body of your email that you learned of the opportunity through Cornell in Hollywood.
- We request that you apply for a maximum of 3 internships. Applying to these internships is not the same as applying to a large finance internship or a college. Your reputation as someone who follows through and our reputation as a program are on the line with every applicant. So with that we will use your top 3 as the ones that we forward your info to if you get into the program, as these are the ones that will most likely be the best fit and the ones that you are able to commit to in the best way.
- CiIH Coordinators will contact you directly if companies are interested in interviewing you for and/or to offer you a position. You may receive multiple offers, so we encourage you to keep track of your interviews and consider all your options before accepting an offer. Should you wish to accept multiple opportunities, you will need both companies to approve this.
- After you receive an internship, please contact us to let us know which opportunity you have accepted and we will add you to our list for the summer.
- Any questions regarding the application process can be referred to Carol and Casey at CiHSummer16@gmail.com.
For general information on the Cornell in Hollywood internship program and on living in Los Angeles, please see our FAQ.