CCLA MEMBERS NIGHT AT THE MAGIC CASTLE - SOLD OUT - sign up below for the waiting list
Cornell Club of Los Angeles members and guests are invited to an exclusive experience at the world famous Magic Castle! Built in 1908, the authentic Victorian mansion has been home to The Academy of Magical Arts since 1963 and is the world’s most exclusive and renowned private club for magicians and supporters of the art of magic. Experience the magic for yourself with fellow Cornellians over drinks and hors d’oeuvres, accompanied by CCLA Board Member and Magic Castle member Jeffrey Cowan '86. Jeffrey is a former professional magician-turned-trial lawyer who used to headline at the Castle while performing his way through law school. Jeffrey will serve as the group's host and guide for the evening with the goal of ensuring that we have the opportunity to see as much as possible - including some of the club's hidden secrets.
Date: Saturday, March 2, 2019
Time: 5-7 p.m. – Private CCLA Reception in the "Inner Circle"
7 p.m. onward – Guests are free to explore the Club on their own and enjoy the main stage show and additional magic shows throughout the evening
Location: The Magic Castle - 7001 Franklin Avenue, Hollywood, CA
Parking: Valet parking is available onsite for $15 per car
Tickets: ***CCLA Members Only - SOLD OUT***
- $100 per person - Limit 4 tickets per member (CCLA member + up to 3 guests)
- Please note that no refunds will be issued after February 20, 2019
- Admission to the Magic Castle, private reception with heavy hors d’oeuvres + 1 drink ticket (redeemable for beer, wine, well cocktail or non-alcoholic beverage), and access to all shows and performances throughout the evening.
- The purchase of additional food or beverage is NOT required, but you are welcome to buy additional drinks or snacks later, if desired.
- All guests must be 21+ and present a valid photo ID.
To sign up for the waiting list, please email Nancy Mills at NLM5@CORNELL.EDU
The Magic Castle has a strict evening dress code. When in doubt, overdress!
Men: Formal suit or coat with dress shirt, tie, and dress slacks (no denim) with closed-toe dress shoes is required.
Women: Formal or cocktail dresses, elegant skirt and blouse, dressy tunic and slacks (no denim) or pant-suits with dress shoes is required.
Click here for the full dress code, which will be strictly enforced.
For more information, contact Heather Wells '02 at firstname.lastname@example.org.