2019 Inter-Ivy+ LA/OC/SD Ski Weekend
@ Mammoth Mountain
Sponsored by MIT Club of So Cal and Penn Club of LA
Friday February 8 – Sunday February 10
This is the information and registration page for Los Angeles alums. For San Diego and Orange County alums please go to the MIT Club of San Diego page.
Get ready for another fun-filled weekend of snow sports at Mammoth Mountain with alums and friends from all the top schools. Everyone is welcome, but this is an adults-only trip. All skill levels - from absolute beginner to advanced - are welcome.
Last year, our group included downhill skiers, cross country skiers, snowboarders, and snowshoers. The trip sold out with 48 attending. We had 26 women and 22 men. 15 schools were represented: Caltech, Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, MIT, Penn, Princeton, RPI, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, Wellesley, and Yale,
This year, we will be having a double dose of fun. Our bus with LA alums will be meeting another bus full of SD and OC alums at Mammoth. We will all be in the same condo complex and all be doing the same social events.
Check out our FB page: InterIvy+ Mammoth Trippers
- Deluxe coach bus for the ride to and from Mammoth Mountain
- 2 nights at St. Anton Condominiums, close to the Canyon Lodge and lifts
Note: all accommodations involve shared rooms. Condo/room selection priority will be given according to the order of paid registration. And, master bedrooms will be prioritized for two-person occupancy.
- There will be 2 pickup spots on Friday. The time stated is when the bus will leave these locations:
- LA Union Station at 9:30 am at an assigned location near the front of the station on the Alameda Street side. Overnight parking is available in the Union Station East structure, which is located on the eastern side of the station off of Vignes Street. The cost is $8 max per day.
- West LA at 10:15 am Location TBD
- Note: Times and locations are subject to change.
- Welcome pizza party on Friday at the condos
- Bus ride into town for Saturday night dinner and entertainment.
- Soda, water, beer, wine and snacks will be provided on the bus ride up and drinks on the bus ride back. You are welcome to bring your own libations.
- We will return on Sunday after the lifts close at 4:00pm. There will be a stop in town for everyone to pick up food on their own for the ride back.
- Note that lift tickets and equipment rentals are not included.
We will be located very close to the Canyon Lodge - that's the best place to rent equipment for downhill skiing and snowboarding.
For cross country skiing and snowshoeing, you'll want to take the shuttle bus to the XC Ski Center at Tamarack Lodge, where you can get ski trail passes and equipment rentals.
Per Person Cost
||Includes all of the above
Friday pizza party and
Saturday bus ride
This event is limited to the first 48 participants who make full payment. Only a full payment will reserve your spot.
If you wish to pay via Paypal or Venmo, please contact Miral Kim-E.
Important: Fees paid are fully refundable before 12/1. After 12/1. fees are non-refundable, but are always transferable. We will help facilitate fee transfers.
Questions? Comments? Please contact Michal Clements.